Work Inside Activities
Documents can also be created out of activity records. The only difference is you have to choose a target record type for the template. This can be:
- An activity party: recipients, organizer, sender, from, to, cc, ...
- The value of the field Regarding
- The activity itself - e.g. you want to print a letter with predefined content
Before you begin, make sure that your selected activity has been saved.
To create a Document from an activity you need to:
Create Documentfrom the menu bar.
- A new dialog box in which you can select the target record for your template opens up. In this case, the letter itself was chosen. Confirm with
- After that, a dialog box opens up where you can choose the template for the document you want to create.
- The last step is handling the document after the download is done.
Create document for an activity
The button Attach as Note creates attachments for example for e-mail activity records. With this function, you can conveniently attach an offer in PDF format to e-mails related to a quote record.